Sunday, June 8, 2008

Clone me, please!

I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way I do....you love to sleep in late in the weekends, but feel guilty for every minute past, say, 8:00 a.m. (Since I am generally up no later than 6:00 a.m. during the work week, I feel 8:00 am is a fair trade--but 10:00 a.m. sounds much better).

I've heard some of the most successful entrepreneurs don't need much sleep. They go as far as saying, "I'll sleep when I'm dead so while I'm alive I'll do as much as I can with every 24 hour day."

Sorry but that's just too much pressure for me. In fact, while I was making the bed this morning I was thinking how nice it will be to crawl back into it later tonight. Guess I'm not as High A type personality as I thought.

Not sure that's a bad thing.

I've recently undergone some major life changes including giving up my single life and my condo in Cherry Hill to live with my boyfriend, his three teenage sons and dare I say, not quite ex-wife (she lives in the in-law suite attached to the house). Also, within the past three years I walked away from a high paying, well, paying anyway, job to start two new businesses.

So now where one load of clothes was all I worried about in a week, now there are 2 loads a day, plus dinner, dishes, etc.

Isn't that pressure enough?

Then there are the multiple meetings I need to attend, the events I produce (eWomenNetwork), the educational seminars I need for industry accreditation (cruise business) and the clients that need attention for both.

I'm not knocking being busy. I love it! I just sometimes really want to be at two places at the same time. If only I could clone myself!

Sound familiar?

Well I do have some solutions. I've recently hired two very interesting companies to help me. One is BC Organizing (to help organize the office, the laundry room, etc) and Running Errand Services (website should be available soon), to help me be in two places at once! If you'd like more info on either, drop me a line.

These are just some of the services I have found to help me delegate the stuff I have to do and enjoy things I want to do.

Asking for help and delegating are not two of my strong suites, but then again, I haven't figured out how to actually clone myself either.

No comments: