Sunday, October 21, 2007

Coulda, shoulda, but didn't

For Eagles fans, the saying "coulda, shoulda, but didn't" is the mantra for today. The Eagles could've won, should've won, but ended up losing in the final seconds of the game.

That got me thinking...How many things in our lives do we miss out on because we "coulda, shoulda, but didn't"?

People that suffer life threatening illnesses upon recovering will often say "I'm going to live everyday as if the next could be my last." And ya know what one of the first things that they do? They take that vacation they've always wanted.

So I ask you, do you really want to wait and find yourself saying, "coulda, shoulda, but didn't"?

I know it sounds impractical, especially when you've just paid your bills and are wondering how you'll make the next payments, but with enough planning, minimum deposits and good budgeting, you can take that family vacation while the family is all together.

Multi generational family reunions on a cruise are wildly popular now. Where else can you find something for the youngsters, teens, parents and grandparents plus activities that everyone can participate? What a great way to create that family bond.

I bet you have relatives you never see except at weddings and funerals. I know I do. And I know we always say, "let's plan to get together soon." For me this is another "coulda, shoulda, but didn't".

Or how about that dream vacation to Alaska or maybe the Greek Isles, or perhaps South America? With so many cruise lines and so many options, you are bound to find something that will fit your personality and your pocketbook.

Milt and I are headed to New Orleans in January for a 2 night stay in the French Quarter followed by a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise. It's a pre-Mardi Gras cruise and I can't wait to get back to New Orleans.

Next September we're taking an 8 night Alaskan cruise--along with 800+ other members of the CruiseOne family. Its our 2008 conference. Which is pretty funny...the morning before they announced the 2008 location, I said to Milt, lets take and Alaskan cruise this summer.

But my dream vacation is to sail the Eastern Mediterranean on a Windstar cruise (a five mast, engine powered sailing ship). I keep telling Milt that will be our honeymoon cruise---even if we never get married!

I'd love to hear from you--what is your "coulda, shoulda, but didn't" that you still have time to do?

No comments: