Saturday, October 20, 2007

The luggage has arrived

Good news, we received our missing luggage today! Better news, Milt's credit card and cash were still in his pants pocket (did I mention he packed his dress pants at the last minute and forgot to check his pockets?)

I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the expediency of the process...not to mention relieved. When the the airline rep said we'd get a call today I was skeptical. When the delivery service called to say they had our bag and would drop it off at our house within 2 hours I was impressed.

Not that I like the fact that they lost it in the first place (and ripped my other bag which I've chalked up to a total loss), but it is a good feeling to know that the processes the airlines have in place actually work. Of course if it happened on the way to the the cruise and not in reverse I might not be so agreeable--lost luggage can't catch up with the ship until it reaches a port of call.

So alls well that ends well. The kids have their gifts from the trip, we have our souvenirs (including three new stuffed animals) and the dirty clothes are in the wash.

No comments: