Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trade Shows and Tired Shoulders

I just returned to my office from a Home-Based Travel Agency trade show in Atlantic City. It was great to meet reps from the cruise lines, resorts and convention and visitor bureaus of various countries. I reconnected with some colleagues and spent some time chatting with the CruiseOne team, including our CEO Vivian Ewart who is so genuine and easy to talk to. She was there to market the company to potential franchisees--not that I need any more competion in my backyard!

I know setting up and working trade shows are hard work--I used to run the Chamber's Annual Business Expo and I've had display tables at many, many trade shows.

But what about the attendees??? After walking row by row and stopping at each table, I was loaded down with 4 bags of brochures and information. As the show was coming to a close,the vendors were happily handing out as much as could, the idea being they more they give away, they less thay have to pack and slep back to the office. Good stuff, absolutely. Heavy as heck---you better believe it.

You'd think my shoulders would be used to the extra weight from carrying my tote bag around, but I'm telling you--I could have used these bags for weights in my exercise routine!

Next time I'll bring a suitcase on wheels--I may look funny, but when I'm still standing up straight at the end of the day and everyone else is hunched over...guess who will have the last laugh then!

No comments: